History of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Society
- Vector Cardiology Group founded by George Burch, was formed in Atlantic City in 1949
- Meetings held in Haddon Hall in association with AAP, AFCR & ASCI
- Emphasis on multipolar nature of cardiac events and the need for multiple lead systems
- Meetings held in conjunction with the FASEB meeting
- Abstracts submitted
- Name changed to Electrophysiology Group
- First officers elected (President and Secretary/Treasurer)
- Emphasis changed to Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Basic Electrophysiology became the dominant theme.
- Meeting was moved to Washington, DC.
- Meeting was moved to coincide with the American Heart Association meetings
- The Lectureship, "The Golden Microelectrode Award Lecture", was initially given by Dr. Gordon Moe in 1981.
- The lectureship was renamed "The Gordon K. Moe Lecture" in memory of Dr. Moe in 1990
- Incorporated in the State of Missouri (4/90)
- Administration of the Society based at the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory as of 1999
- Position of Vice President created in 1999
- Incorporation changed to the State of New York
- Current membership: 765 members